Here’s Our 7 Reasons to Choose Our Aluminium Gates:
1) Lightweight & Strong
Aluminium gates are light and strong, and once powder coated are very resistant to corrosion.
2) Industry Leading Manufacturers
We use industry leading manufacturers to bring you the best quality aluminium gates.
3) Made for You
Each gate is custom designed to your individual specifications. Once an order is placed we’ll draw your design in CAD. This allows you to get an accurate idea of how the gate will look and also provides the technical information required for installation.
4) Perfect for Automation
Our gates are perfectly suited for swing or sliding automation systems. The light weight of our aluminium gates means you don’t need heavy-weight automation and your automation should last longer.
5) Maintenance Free
Aside from an occasional wash, they’re maintenance free. They don’t warp, rot or split like wooden gates and they are not prone to rust or need galvanising like steel gates.
6) Cost Effective
Aluminium gates are a cost-effective and superior alternative to other types of gates of similar design. They’ll last longer too.
7) Made in the UK
We supply high quality aluminium gates which are made in the UK by our expert manufacturers.
Easy – just wash down with soapy water once in a while – we recommend once a month.
No more painting/staining/protecting wooden gates or restoring and re-painting steel gates.
It sounds obvious, but in order to reduce the chances of the gates being the wrong size it is vital that the supplied measurements are as accurate as possible. If you are measuring between existing posts or columns, please make sure that you take readings down at ground level and at least 1 nearer the top. Take care to have your tape held level across the driveway when doing so and get someone to help you.
It’s always handy to visualise what the gates are going to look like. A quick sketch can help spot any potential issues such as slopes or walls. Try and draw the gates from the road side with your property in the background.
Take account of any slopes and record these on a plan view (i.e looked at from above). You especially need to find out if the drive surface slopes upwards in the area where the gates are going to open inwards. If you get this wrong, you run the risk of the gates hitting the ground during opening. Laser site levels are generally available from small tool hire facilities and are easy and accurate to use. It’s also a good idea to check to see if any existing columns or posts are upright with a spirit level.
Here’s the technical part!
• The factory uses their own extrusions direct from the mill.
• The aluminium goes through a 7-stage dipping process to clean, etch and polymer seal the extrusions – protecting against the elements and forming the base for the perfect powder coating.
• So, onto powder coating they go before passing through the 24m oven to achieve the Structura finish that is guaranteed to keep its colour within 2 pantones for over 15 years. Some extrusions then go onto be wood grained using the sublimation process – producing up to 30 different colour variations also guaranteed for 15 years.
• Then the extrusions go off for precision cutting, with an accuracy of 0.1mm, and are CNC machined for all fixing points.
• At assembly the gates are screwed and cold-welded using a polyurethane adhesive process – just like some prestigious cars. The automation strengthening and corners are all reinforced and bonded at the same time. The cold-weld corners have over 180kg/cm2 (2600 lbs per square inch) of holding power, stronger than traditional welded gates. The curing time to full strength is 2-3 days.
• The advantages of this process are the exceptional strength of the finished gate and the ability to coat the product fully inside and out giving a superior and more durable paint finish over other processes.
Our gates are made using 100mm x 50mm frame profiles.
We can paint your gate in a colour of your choice. Standard Structura paint RAL colours are included in the price.
Structura textured matt (30% sheen) is our standard and recommended finish because it is less susceptible to damage and up to 3x stronger than our other paint finishes. Aesthetically the Structura shows less marks such as fingerprints and minor blemishes.
Standard Structura colours:
Other non-standard RAL colours and finishes (Satin finish 60% sheen, Gloss finish 95% sheen) are available but at a small additional charge. Please contact us for details.
You can also choose a wooden effect paint finish:
We provide the following guarantees on our paint finishes:
• Structura paint finish – 15-year guarantee
• Standard RAL paint finish - 10-year guarantee
Our gates are also guaranteed for 5 years on the gate structure.
Our aluminium gates have the distinct advantage over other types of gates in that they are very strong and with the correct design there’s no reason why they cannot be installed in windy exposed positions. Tall and close boarded gates would be best avoided in certain circumstances, however other smaller open slatted designs are very likely to be OK. We’ll guide you through the best designs for windy locations - please get in touch.